Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What I am casting on....

Of course I brought knitting with me....  What knitter doesn't take knitting on vaca with them?

But of course, I had to stop at the LYS (which I was so happy to see) to find out if anything peaked my interest....

And of course it did.....



Berroco Origami....  I haven't seen it out yet and read a wonderful review of it by Yarn Harlot last year.

It was used in a pattern that a friend of mine was looking at as a Spring yarn substitution for a shrug to knit in the fall.





Of course...  instant gratification...  I had to have it and had to cast on the wonderful new find.



The Sea and Sky Shrug which was in the Interweave Knitting Fall 2010 Magazine.

The knitting store was oh so happy to wind the yarn while I went next door to the "baby" store (insert big smile here for the prego mama on vacation) to stimulate their economy as well.




After we got back to our hotel - I sent the kids off with dad to swim and play as I started the cast on for this wonderful new project I just HAD to start....

Sorry Rowan - your first sock is almost done, but, on hold right now.....


Now it feels like spring break.... nevermind the 30 degree temps, the weather changes from snow, ice, sleet, hail and now tornado warning that has plagued us all day.....

I am happy with my knitting and DOWN TIME

Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment