Sunday, December 4, 2011

Kiwi's Santa Hat

I did it!  I got my creative juices flowing and developed a santa hat for Kiwi.  He, of course, was a part of the whole design process - enjoying the yarn craft like a true knitter to be. 


While I knit it he would try it on so I could make sure I was sizing the hat correctly.  I think he kinda looks like my lil elf here.  

I think at one point, if I could have handed him the needles he would have helped me knit.  Many times he would be sitting on my lap while I knit, using his feet to play with the yarn.  He is at the age that he is discovering all his body parts and fascinated by how they work.  He would sit for many minutes trying to manipulate the yarn with his toes and feet.  Occasionally he would wrap his hands around the yarn as well.  All the time cooing and smiling. 


The end result was a hat I was happy with but a pattern that alluded me.  I wish I had written while I knit - but multi-tasking also still alludes me. 

I am now working on a hat for my older daughter so I am tweaking the pattern.  My first real pattern I am kinda proud of.


It was after 0100 when I finally finished the hat, details and all, and kiwi was knocked out.

He modeled without protest but the best picture I could get was these two.  I think he looks like the best Christmas present ever!


He wore it to the One of a Kind show today.  He quickly became the center of attention.  Eventually we took the hat off because it was causing too much attention and waking him up.  He was snuggled in the moby wrap sleeping soundly.  That was soon disrupted and so was our tour of the show.

Regardless - he likes his hat and now I am rushing to get two more done for my girls for our Christmas pictures to go on the Christmas cards I have yet to order. 


Let the Christmas festivities begin!  I am back in my knitting groove. 

No comments:

Post a Comment