Saturday, December 3, 2011

Operation Extraction Day One

Hear that sound.... shhhhhh... listen closely......  (tick tick tick tick)

What's that sound?

My maternity leave ticking away!!!!!!

Like sands through the hour glass so are the days left on my maternity leave (oh how I wish I was in the UK).

In heeding  the advice of my dear friends, who have listened to my concerns over returning to work or experiencing my panic attacks with me, I have begun the extraction of my lil man from my 24/7 presence (insert sob here).

I needed to run an errand (a small one - but knew I could get it done quicker than strapping Kiwi in my wrap and walking) and Natalie stepped up and watched Cillian for me.  Of course - she had help from her lil sissy - Rowan. 

Off I went, texting a few times (till she told me to stop all was well she would contact me if needed), and took care of my errand. 

Total time gone - barely an hour - but it seemed like 8 hours. 

I returned home to Kiwi playing with the girls, happy and cooing. 

Funny - when I walked in - lil man took one look in my direction, pouted, and started to cry till I was holding him in my arms (not nursing, just holding). 

It's a good thing - only in the eyes of me.  My friends would say he needs less of me right now or my return to work will be rough for all involved.......

I'm struggling here - but know they are right (and praying fervently that God will give me strength!)


No comments:

Post a Comment