Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Some things have not changed.....

Just before Cillian graced us with his appearance I wrote this post about how long it took me to get around. 

It's funny - as I was getting ready this morning - I was reminded of this post

I get up anywhere between 0400 and 0500 to start my morning routine and I am lucky if I am out the door by 0830, let alone dressed (in clothes that match and are free of puke, drool and wrinkles - latter being the least of my worries) , make up on, hair combed and mentally aware of where I am going.

My routine:

  1. Wake up and feed kiwi (many times just laying there, both of us, staring at each other and having conversations that only a mom can have with her son).
  2. Take a 30 minute shower (ok maybe not 30 minutes but it isn't a five minute shower)
  3. Get partially dressed, wander around, drink some water, fix the hair, apply some make-up, wander more, get completely dressed, maybe wander more, fix the hair and maybe I am ready?
  4. Nurse my lil man again - this time to sleep (which may take longer) again, just relishing every minute of his lil self before I head out into the wicked world of work.
  5. Gather up my stuff, that I swore I put all in one place last night BUT then I remember I fell asleep nursing kiwi telling myself that I needed to get up when he was asleep.  (HA!)
Referring back to this post - it's so true - I was preparing for my lil man to take over my life.  A small sacrifice (losing my brain, mental capacity, ability to function and interact) to make for such a precious gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment