Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mystery Knit

Ok - Mama confession......

I spent some time at work trying to get things done.... and was feeling really stressed. 

I ran away....  Sad I know.  I just went downtown to fondle some yarn, looking for nothing in particular, but had a couple of patterns in my bag.  Let me clarify - I ran away because of stress from work - not because I don't want to be a mommy. 


 I decided to start this knit - a Mystery Knit - because it peaked my interest - a bit of the pattern every few days?


Of course - it's in purple - using mixed purple beads since the yarn is a variation of purples.

I now remember why I do not like to knit with beads - the stringing of the beads.


As it was - I also ran to Michael's so that Rowan could have supplies she needed for school (pom poms, craft paper, sock yarn, seed beads).  Ok, so maybe the last two were not supplies for Rowan by supplies for mama.......



But rest assured - I had things under control.  Nat and Rowan were set up with two movies from Netflix, including books to read, and dinner was in the crock pot.  I was an EL ride away or a brisk walk if needed (and apparently my butt is needing it lately).

Dinner was from  at A Year of Slow Cooking.  Our family loves her ideas for recipes in the crock pot. 
Tonight was the root beer pulled pork.  Consensus was simply blah.  I think, had I used real root beer, as opposed to diet, it would have been a little better.  We agreed to do a second round of it in a few weeks. 

Me - not much of a meat eater - so wasn't impressed.  With the baby - still not a meat eater.



No comments:

Post a Comment