Sunday, March 27, 2011

How Patient is your Heart?

I can tell you that I am not very patient...  many things annoy me but slow people really annoy me.  I just got through telling my daughter today - people who walk through life like they have all the time in the world really annoy me.  This is where I tell you that I confessed this to her AFTER the message today. 

More importantly - where is my heart on patience?  I would like to think that I am patient, five years of patience (lol)....  but I wonder if I could have handled the last more year with more praise and grace than the heart ache I felt and expressed.

I need to work on my patience.  I need to realize that my life is on God's time table not on mine.  I need to realize that God has a master plan for my life and my family's life.  I am such a control freak this is gonna take alot of prayer...  alot of prayer....  Praise God for his Mercy and his Grace. 


James 5:7-11 ESV
Be patient, therefore, brothers, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, being patient about it, until it receives the early and the late rains. You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand. Do not grumble against one another, brothers, so that you may not be judged; behold, the Judge is standing at the door. As an example of suffering and patience, brothers, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. Behold, we consider those blessed who remained steadfast. You have heard of the steadfastness of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, how the Lord is compassionate and merciful.

To look at notes check out Park on YouVersion

No comments:

Post a Comment