Saturday, January 1, 2011

Champagne Cupcakes and a Happy New Year

I'm not a huge Oprah fan - for multiple reasons to many for this post - but I enjoy a recent episode where she had the cupcake girls on who showed everyone how to make Champagne Cupcakes.  


I thought - how decadent and how lovely.  Just what I, as an adult starting the new year with new things, needs to have on New Years Eve.


So hard at work we were in the kitchen on the last day of 2010 mastering our cupcake techniques.  The girls and I kicked daddy out of the kitchen (actually sent him on an errand to the grocery store and Binny's to grab the ingredients needed to complete the decadent celebration.  Of course, the girls had virgin cupcakes which was fine with them.  












Really - how wrong can you go with cupcakes, strawberries, chocolate Ganache and FLUFFY BUTTER CREAM FROSTING?????



So hard at work, the girls put on their kewler than kewl chef aprons and got to work.  I have never seen them take so to a cooking task as they had with these cupcakes.  I was trying to master the butter cream and ganache - there were just trying to master cupcake decorating 101.




I think they did a darn good job - each and everyone was prettier than we expected and tasted just as delish as could be.

I wish I could say they made it to Midnight - but alas - it was the champagne cupcakes that lasted that long. 


I am not sure what I would have done without my lil executive cupcake chefs - but rest assured - cupcake making is in their future for 2011!


 So - while the cupcakes didn't quite make it to MN, the girls certainly did and made it then some! 


Happy New Year!  

We look forward to what 2011 has to offer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment