Sunday, October 9, 2011

Congratulations to my man!!!

 It started about nine months ago (hmmmmm) and today came to fruition - my hubby running the Chicago Marathon!!!!!!

Let me start at the beginning - we (as in my hubby and I) pledged to run the marathon TOGETHER as a part of our Church's pledge to support World Vision. 

When it came time to sign up - I was feeling "under the weather" and maybe just maybe thought (hoped) I might be (was) pregnant.  Needless to say - my hubby signed up and I did not (unbeknownst to him - the real reason why I did not).

Norm trained, was encouraged by us and our prayers for an injury free running season, and raised money (many of you supported him - and thank you!)

Today - we as a family - were there to see him through to the finish line!  And when I mean "we" I mean Rowan, Natalie and Kiwi (less than two weeks old mind you - meaning I was less than two weeks post partum.  A miracle in and of itself). 


We waited at various pit stops on the 26.2 mile course - with his favorite at Clark street - to cheer him on with signs, high fives and a hug from me/kiss from Kiwi.




Watching our man progress through the race was so much fun (and tiring)!  We were not alone (crowded it was with other family and friends rooting others along)!

The smile on our face had us pushing on to the next pit stop and eventually to the finish line!



Kiwi was snuggled in my Moby Wrap - (LOVE THAT THING) and probably was oblivious by the whole trek across Chicago (as long as he had mom and boobs). 


Isn't he just so cute......




At the finish line we waited for him to bring it home with flowers, smiles and a teddy bear!

Marketing genius - (note to self next year - bring our own flowers and teddy bear purchased PRIOR to the race) - on the way to the finish line was a tent with flowers and teddy bears at a ridiculous price (that we payed to congratulate our man!)


His girls were proud of him and were anxious to let him know!


FINALLY (after what seemed like an eternity - and Kiwi agreed cause he was a bit put out his lunch was delayed by daddy's arrival) he emerged from the finish line and greeted by his fam who were not put out by his sweaty, gritty self (well maybe just a little).


A lil lover 5 hours, 26.2 miles, nine month of prep, a family rooting him on, a baby who appear just in time to congratulate him and beautiful weather - our man completed his first marathon in style!  

Tonight we celebrate his accomplishment!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment